Inspiration


The Darkroom

A collection of Thoughts, Ideas, Inspiration and Challenges to those that see the world through a lens.

SO, I'm a little late with this post but it is worth the wait, believe me!

First I just wanted to mention again,  this is not going to be your average Photography Blog. I don't want to impress you with my mad photoninja skills, I want to inspire you to explore your own creativity. The best way to get inspired it to see what others are doing. 

3 of my greatest inspirations are all top photographers in their field. Take a few minutes and check these guys out, I think you will be as inspired and in awe as I have been over the years.

One thought before you dive into the incredible world of pictures, you can do this! What is "this"? This is "Be Creative", Capture and create beautiful, compelling imagery. You can do this with a simple iPhone or point and shoot camera, you don't need a $5,000 camera. I have a friend who is a professional photographer named David Williams, he regularly posts pictures of photos he has taken with his phone and a small point and shoot.

The point is, don't limit yourself based on equipment. More on your "Eye" and Training later.

Check these guys out;

First up! 
Jerry Ghionis - The Wedding Photography equivalent of the Mind Freak Guy that does tricks in Las Vegas. You watch him take a picture and then you see the result and your mind is blown!
Check out his website, 

Joe Buissink - A huge inspiration to me personally, he started shoot weddings professionally at 45. He is a legend in the Hollywood Wedding world. He regularly gets $12,000 per wedding and like Jerry Ghionis, he travels the world creating beautiful images.

Joe McNally - He is rated the number one most followed and influential photographer in the world. Joe is a jack of all trades and shoots anything but has a special gift for photojournalism. He work can not be summed up in a simple work. 

These are by no means the only photographers that are making an impact on the world but they are off the a great start and are worth checking out. 

I hope you enjoy these guys and are inspired to get out and shoot the world around you.

Be Bold!

Stephen Alexander

p.s. These images below would not have been possible with out the inspiration of the three guys mentioned above, I personally never stop searching for inspiration. Enjoy








Comments

Popular Posts