The Darkroom

A collection of Thoughts, Ideas, Inspiration and Challenges to those that see the world through a lens.


#2
Hello Again and welcome to my second installment of The Darkroom. I wanted to share something with you today that I could not hold off till Friday. I had said in my first post that I will be sharing 3 of the most amazing photographers with you on Friday, and I will.
First however I wanted to offer a challenge to you, whether you consider yourself a photographer or not. Take a photo (iPhone pics are ok) of something that stirs you emotionally and post it on Facebook and tell people why it is an important photo to you.
I want to share a link with you that some of you may find disturbing, I have no intention of making a political, religious or Pro/Anti Statement, however if you are not moved in someway by these images you should check for a pulse, you may be dead.
Photography has moved a long way from the days of simply documenting an event. Todays photography is powerful and influential, with the ability to make you feel love or hatred all in a single click!
Take a moment and check out this link from the New York Times coverage of the war that is taking place in the Middle East.

See you on Friday for more!

Thank you,
Stephen Alexander
Alexanders Studios

Comments

Popular Posts